6 Ways to Overcome Holiday and End of Year Stress
February 6, 2020
The holidays can be a stressful time for many of us, to remove the overwhelm here are six tips to help you maintain your sanity so you can truly enjoy this wonderful time of year.
Holiday Stress: Traveling
The holiday season is the busiest time of the year for long-distance travel. Flights are often overbooked, and highways are overcrowded, which can add stress to the season. Use the following tips below:
- Plan ahead – Check commute times, if driving. Try to do most driving during non-rush hour times to avoid bad traffic.
- Air Travel– Allow plenty of extra time at the Airport.
- Weather– Have an alternate plan in case of inclement weather.
- Do not leave the house on an empty stomach– it encourages overeating
- Avoid standing near the food table at get-togethers– it is not the worst place to be but a sure-fire way to overindulge.
- Socialize– This will help to keep you occupied and away from helping yourself to all the treats and goodies.