To become more resilient in Digital Technology
LCG’s journey of successfully bringing people, processes, and technology together – continues even in these challenging times in our society.
Today we are faced with unprecedented levels of uncertainty due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a business with tenured success, what distinguishes LCG is our people, who continue to lead, strategize, and plan for positive outcomes in challenging times. Providing dedicated project oversight and continually capturing lessons learned is an integral part of LCG’s Management Framework. As we entered into the mandatory work-at-home support phase, our teams quickly had to evolve to embrace digital workplace tools to stay connected and help our customers.
We optimized the use of digital workspace tools, and the following is a sampling of tasks our teams provided to ensure business continuity and minimize disruption risk for our customers.
- Provided Microsoft Teams Channels and SharePoint Online Features and expanded teleconferencing capabilities through Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, Skype for Business, Microsoft Whiteboard, and Balsamiq for virtually sharing ideas.
- Scaled LCG’s Training Program to cover digital workplace tools such as Zoom, OneDrive, Teams, more frequently to reach a broader audience.
- Used tools such as Bomgar, Goverlan, Zoho Assist and Face Time to provide end-user technical support
- Implemented on-site appointments for new staff orientation, hardware break/fix, and endpoint handoffs (All on-site visits and activities are tracked using a sign-in and detailed activities sheet. All on-site support was conducted with proper Personal Protective Equipment and thorough sanitization of all physical equipment before and after.)
- Evaluated solutions on low-code platforms (SharePoint Online, ServiceNow) to bring solutions to market quickly.
- Through the Application Review Model, managed the grant peer-review process virtual environment.
The pressure continues to maintain social distancing, while organizations implement plans to “return to the physical work space.” Here at LCG, we empower our employees and customer to adopt digital tools to stay connected and collaborate to deliver on agency missions – And we continue to expand our digital resiliency to boost productivity for organizational success.